The House System is an integral and vibrant part of the school's culture. Students from class III onwards are assigned one of the four houses namely - Tagore, Tilak, Nehru and Gandhi. It aims at giving students an identity and sense of pride in a supportive and secure environment. The Houses compete in a number of sports, academic and cultural activities. It provides for positive competition and a closer rapport between students and teachers. Regular House Meetings are conducted to brief students about the upcoming activities and competitions.
School Bus Users
Parents using bus transport must note
The school buses cover the following areas-Paschim Vihar, Pitam Pura, Rohini, Nangloi, Vikas
Puri, Uttam Nagar, Khayala, Moti Nagar, Punjabi Bagh, Tilak Nagar, Vishnu Garden, Najafgarh,
Mansarovar Garden and Rajouri Garden.
- The school bus facility is available for those students who wish to avail the same, but it
cannot be claimed as a matter of right. The school authorities at their own discretion have the
right to disallow any pupil from availing the bus facility.
- The student will be given an identity card with the Bus Route No. which must be in her/his
possession while boarding the bus.
- Parents/Guardians/Appointed persons must come to leave and receive the child at least five
minutes earlier than the scheduled bus time. If no one is waiting to collect the child, he/she
will be brought back to school and must be collected by the parents from the reception.
This is in the interest and safety of the child.
- Bus fee will be charged for 11 months in a year except from class XII students. They
need to pay for ten months only. No charges will be levied for the month of June. For
withdrawal of bus facility, parent must give priornotice of one month.
Bus routes and stops will be determined and may be modified at the discretion of the school.
- Damage caused to the bus by any student/students will have to be made good by them.
- School bus will run only to the stops of the locality fixed by the authorities and not to
- Students missing the bus, will have to make their own arrangement on that day to come to
school. The same holds good in case of unforeseen breakdown of bus.
- School bus service will be available only for students and not for Parents/Escorts under any
The management will not be responsible for loss of life/property or injury caused to the child
due to accident or any sort of technical or natural calamity, if any, while travelling by the
School Bus and/or for any other reason merely because School Bus service has been
provided and there would be no indemnity of the school management and staff for any claim
on such accounts.
Private Van Users
Parents must verify the following details regarding CAB / VAN used for ferrying children :
- Vehicle registration certificate and insurance paper of the vehicle
- Vehicle Permit
- Fitness of vehicle as per govt. norms (CNG fitness certificate is mandatory.)
- The age of vehicle should not be more than 15 years in case of CNG/Petrol and 10 years in
case of Diesel, from the date of its initial registration
- Installation of Fire Extinguisher
- Availability of First Aid Box
- No overloading of students (The carrying capacity of the Cab/Van shall be limited to 1½ [one
and half] times the seating capacity declared in registration certificate.)
- Check that no. of seats in the vehicle are same as passed in the Registration Certificate
- Installation of GPS device and approved speed control device in the vehicle
- Availability of carrier on the roof for storage of school bags
- Placement of a horizontal strip in the middle, in yellow colour on all sides of the vehicle
- Display board with 'SCHOOLCAB' inscribed on it with bold black letters on golden yellow
- Maintenance of a register with school children names, father's name, name of school,
residential address of students with telephone no. of parents
Further, parents must check the following details regarding the DRIVERS of the van/cab:
- Police verification of the driver and submission of its copy to the school
- Valid Driving license and badge
- Residential proof, identity proof of the driver and owner of the van
- Ensure that driver is not in a habit of smoking and drinking
- Make sure that the driver doesn't use abusive or harsh language in the presence of students
- Pay attention that in case of any change in the duty of the driver or the vehicle the same
should be informed to the parents as well as school in advance
- Ensure that the driver follows the school guideline of mentioning the number of students and
sign the register at the school gate every day; though the school is following the same
Parents are advised to play the role of vigilant observers on this sensitive subject, note down the
violations committed by the van driver, if any, and immediately report to the concerned
PLEASE ABSTAIN FROM SENDING YOUR CHILDREN IN
- In the case of private transport users & walkers, school shall not have any responsibility once
the student steps out of the school.
- Classes Nursery to II parents must carry 'Student Collection Pass' while collecting their
wards from school.